The Animation Timeline Panel in the Avataar web app empowers users to bring their 3D scenes and objects to life by animating various properties. Through the use of keyframes in a user-friendly interface, you can effortlessly create captivating animations that enhance the overall user experience. Before exporting a video render, you need to use this option which provides a comprehensive animation solution.
The Animation Timeline Panel is a horizontally-arranged control interface located at the bottom of the screen. This timeline is divided into properties and frames, with each keyframe representing a specific property value at a particular frame number. You can control the properties by adding, adjusting, and removing keyframes, allowing them to create smooth animations for their 3D scenes and objects. The animation can be created for the below properties :
You can animate the position, rotation, scale, and opacity of objects, as well as text elements. To create keyframes for a specific property:
- Move the keyframe slider to the desired frame, e.g., frame 100 (it will be located at frame 0 by default)
- Click on the diamond-stroked icon corresponding to the property (e.g, position, rotation, scale, or opacity). This sets the initial keyframe for the property, which is represented as a black diamond marker on the timeline
- After creating the keyframe, click on the black diamond icon for the relevant property. A small panel with text fields for x, y and z coordinates appears, you can enter the desired value for the property
- After completing the initial keyframe, you can move the keyframe slider to another frame (e.g., frame 200), and then repeat the same process for that frame and subsequent frames. This allows you to set different property values for each keyframe and create a smooth animation that transitions between the defined keyframes. By adjusting the properties at different frames, you can control how the 3D scene and objects change over time, resulting in dynamic and engaging animations
- This action sets up another keyframe at the specified frame, also represented as a black diamond marker on the timeline
To remove a keyframe, you can follow these steps:
- Click on the key marker (black diamond) representing the keyframe on the timeline.
- Click on the "bin" icon from the small panel to delete the selected keyframe.